- FedEx Delivers to Cuba. FedEx became the first American freight carrier with rights to deliver freight to Cuba. FedEx says they will begin service on January 15, 2017. Their rights extend to July 15, 2018.
- Amazon Tests Drone Delivery in U.K. Amazon has partnered with the British government to test drone parcel delivery technology. The tests, supervised by the Civil Aviation Authority, will test the drone’s ability to maneuver with multiple other drones in the air and out of sight of operators.
- Speed Limiter Proposal Expected Before Fall. After over a decade of pursuing a heavy-truck speed limiter rule, the FMCSA and NHTSA say that the proposal will be completed this year. Some industry insiders disagree, and a frustrated Congress may put a deadline on the proposal.
- Best Practices Program Introduced. A newly formed APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CTLD) credential program aims to set the global standard for best practices. Logistics has one of the fastest growing job creation rates, making the program a necessity.
- CSA Scores on the Horizon. The temporarily suspended CSA scores, currently under review by the FMCSA, have shown signs of an early comeback. There are many obstacles for the highly controversial scores to return to public view, but many believe it will happen sooner rather than later.
Check out last month’s trending transportation stories.
Video: What We Do