- There were errors on your cover letter/resume or the documents weren’t tailored for the job that you applied for.
- Another candidate met the desired qualifications and requirements more closely than you.
- You weren’t prepared for the interview. Do you know your short-term and long-term career goals? Why did you apply for this job?
- Social media habits raised red flags. Hiring managers who search applicants online will not be impressed when they see inappropriate pictures or content and/or negative feedback towards jobs or previous employers.
- Your comments and questions weren’t job-related; instead, they were focused on the company’s perks like salary, benefits, etc.
- You didn’t follow up. One in four hiring managers believes candidates who don’t send a thank you or follow up won’t be a good fit for the job.
Topics: Interview, Job Search, Resume