Logistics Opportunity Assessment
One of the best areas to reduce operating costs is the logistics budget, where industrial manufacturers plow back 10% of their revenues. To uncover the savings potential in your supply chain, consider a logistics opportunity assessment from PLS Logistics.
We'll provide an unbiased, quantitative look at your supply chain's performance against industry best-practice, with specific recommendations to reduce total logistics costs – in most cases 8-12%.
How We Work: Logistics Opportunity Assessment
To uncover opportunities to improve supply chain performance, our engineers take a detailed look at every aspect of your operation.
- Data. We'll examine all your shipment detail for a minimum of six months and scrub the data set into easily manageable lanes.
- People and operations. We'll conduct an on-site review of the total logistics process, including sales, purchasing, production planning, operations, traffic, international, carrier management, and accounts payable.
- Process flows. We'll document key logistics processes, compare them with industry best practices, and identify areas of redundancy or inefficiency, including opportunities to automate manual processes.
- Supply chain design. We'll examine how goods move into your plants and out to your customers and recommend the optimal network to minimize inventory and cycle time while meeting all customer requirements.
Deliverable and Benefits of PLS' Logistics Assessment
PLS' Logistics Assessment results in a comprehensive written report of findings and proposed services with quantified savings potential. Customers of PLS have been able to:
- Reduce total logistics costs 8-12%
- Improve service levels and customer satisfaction
- Speed cycle time
- Reduce staff
- Improve supply chain visibility and decision making
For companies that take advantage of PLS' ongoing logistics management service, we will waive all fees for the logistics assessment.