Job Description: Java Developer
Support system architecture and development efforts for PLS' proprietary, J2EE applications. Knowledge of EJB's distributed applications and Adobe Flex essential.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, design, and develop eCommerce applications consistent with business specification and architecture design.
- Prepare UML design specifications and other documentation to support application solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and assistant to other staff, internal and external clients to resolve production issues.
- Interface with business units to clarify and advise on technical solutions to production issues.
- Develop server-side application code that meets development timelines and is error-free.
- Translate UML specifications into deployable objects involving low to high complexity for the fulfillment of project requirements daily.
- Develop UML program specifications as needed.
- Document programs via UML, both internally and externally, for future readability and ease of modifications daily.
- Participate in system testing of entire projects or domains to validate that code as a whole is error free and matches specifications daily.
- Implement completed application/program enhancements as needed.
- Provide level 2 application technical support as needed.
- Analyze and resolve application problems as needed.
- Develop project time estimates weekly.
- Develop technical and user-oriented signoff documents as needed.
- Develop user-training documents; provide user training as needed.
- Ensure implemented projects are completely documented, fully tested, and verified for accuracy.
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- PC proficient (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- BS in Computer Science or related IT degree
- 3+ years of Server Development including Java J2EE, EJB 1.1.
- 2+ years of Technical Design including UML 1.3 and Unified Process